How can you prevent insect stings?
The most effective way to prevent stings is to stay away from stinging insects. These insects are most likely to sting if their homes are disturbed. It is worthwhile to have nests around your home destroyed.
Here are a few tips for avoiding insect stings:
- If flying stinging insects are close to you, remain calm and move slowly away.
- Avoid wearing brightly colored clothing and perfume when outdoors.
- The smell of food attracts insects, so be careful when cooking, eating or drinking sweet drinks.
- Keep food covered until eaten.
- Wear closed-toe shoes outdoors.
- Avoid loose-fitting garments that can trap insects between clothing and skin.